Who is a Star of Life?
We know that EMS saves, sustains, and touches lives every day. Let's shine a light on all of the important work we do by recognizing those who have resuscitated a patient, improved public health, had a positive impact in the community, or shown exceptional care and compassion.
Wisconsin Paramedics, EMTs, Dispatchers, and other EMS professionals who have gone above and beyond can be nominated as Stars of Life. (Stars from outside of the Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin's membership are considered pending until approved by the PAAW board.)
OCTOBER 10, 2023
4:30 - Welcome Reception
5:30 - Program Opens
6:30 - Dinner
7:30 Awards Ceremony
Hotel and Travel
The Madison Concourse Hotel
One West Dayton Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
PAAW has reserved a small room block at a rate of $219 single occupancy. Please call 800-356-8293 to reserve your room referencing the WISCONSIN STARS OF LIFE or use this booking link.
Hotel reservations must be made by September 9!
Registration Types and Fees
Registration for the 2023 Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin Stars of Life for member organizations is $100 per star and $150 per host.
Non-member organizations wishing to participate are charged $200 per Star and $250 per host to cover the costs of catering and awards, subject to the approval of the PAAW board.
- Stars of Life| Paramedics, EMTs, Dispatchers, and other mobile healthcare professionals being recognized by their organizations for exceptional contributions. Attire for Stars is dress uniforms (preferred) or work uniforms (second choice).
- Hosts| Executive leaders who will facilitate dialogue between the Stars and elected officials, if present. Attire for hosts is dress uniforms (preferred) or business.
What Do I Need to Nominate a Star of Life?
Nominations close August 10!
- Full name as it should appear on any publication or award.
- Unique email address—Please don't use the same email for Stars and Hosts, it will cause information to be overwritten in the database. If your Star doesn't have an email, just use a fake @mailinator.com email.
- Headshot photo—A well-lit, smiling smartphone snap against a plain background is fine!
- Official job title
- Brief bio—Where was your Star born? Family? Kids? Pets? Hobbies? What makes this star so exceptional? This could include a specific patient save, an act of compassion or leadership, sustained community impact, or something else. This bio will be used to help elected officials understand who they are meeting with and why mobile healthcare is important. Download tips for writing Star bios.
- Home zip code for Hill visit scheduling
- Work (base or headquarters) address for Hill visit scheduling
Showcase your Stars! Please use #WIStarsofLife on when posting about your nominees on Facebook or Twitter. (The Association will also post!)
2023 Stars of Life sponsorship opportunities are currently available. Sponsors will receive recognition on the website, social media, and throughout the event. If you're interested in sponsoring, contact Samantha.