Members are invited to post a free listing IN WISCONSIN to the EMS Jobs Board simply >> e-mail PAAW the job description and application link. Copy your job posting text into the "body" of the email window.
Baraboo, WI –Chief/ EMS Director
BDAS is an Inter-Municipal EMS District agency that provides both 911 emergency services and inter-facility transports for eight municipalities under an 11-member BDAS Commission. The district is comprised of the City of Baraboo, Village of West Baraboo, and townships of Baraboo, Greenfield, Fairfield, Freedom, and part of the townships of Excelsior and Sumpter. BDAS provides 911 coverage at the Paramedic level and holds the Critical Care Transport Paramedic endorsement for inter-facility transportation. BDAS is also part of Baraboo Rope Rescue, along with the Baraboo Fire Department. The technical rescue skills of Baraboo Rope rescue are utilized in variety of applications, with the team most often deployed at Devil’s Lake State Park.
BDAS has approximately forty (40) full time and part time employees, currently consisting of an Interim Chief, (3) Captains, (6) Acting Lieutenants, Financial Director, Human Resources Director, Critical Care Paramedics, Paramedics, AMETs and EMTs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The position of Chief / EMS Director is responsible for the oversight and management of organizational responsibilities involving all aspects of the Ambulance Service. This is a top level management position which functions as part of a 3-person management team (including the Human Resources Director and the Finance Director) along with the BDAS Commission to recommend, develop, implement and evaluate goals, objectives and policies related to emergency medical services provided by BDAS.
• Plan, direct, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of BDAS EMS services and programs, including program design and planning, implementation, training, evaluation, regulatory enforcement, and medical components of disaster preparedness.
• Serve as liaison between senior level management, advisory boards and commissions, regulatory bodies and program staff to ensure that all appropriate policies and guidelines are followed, and that programs are funded with adequate resources to maintain mandated and expected levels of service.
• Review and develop medical protocols in conjunction with Medical Director.
• Participate in preparation of meeting notices for Commission, Commission meeting agendas, minutes of meetings, and maintaining records for the Commission, as directed by the Commission Presiding Officer.
• Review and update the State required Operational Plan.
• Maintain roster on Wisconsin Ambulance Run Data System (WARDS), Wisconsin EMS Licensing, and National Registry.
• Maintain state license; ensure appropriate and timely licensing and renewals.
• Remain proficient in Advanced Life Support and can act in the capacity of a single paramedic—providing care for a multitude of patients in different care settings.
• Manage the implementation and continuation of the Incident Command System during multi-agency and multi-casualty incidents.
• Attend meetings and conferences as needed, to assure up-to-date knowledge on current topics, trends, and upcoming changes.
• In conjunction with staff, ensure regular maintenance schedule for replacement and repair of all equipment as necessary to maintain operations.
Administrative and Budgetary:
• Continuously monitor financial status and revenues in coordination with Finance Director.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing the service. Areas of compliance include labor, State regulations, provision of emergency medical care, and appropriate licensure.
• In conjunction with the Finance Director and Commission, participate in the preparation of the annual budget.
• Direct the preparation of necessary reports of service activity.
• Secure alternate funding, research, and obtain available grant monies to supplement budget. Oversee preparation of grant applications, written plans, or any other requirements.
• Monitor IT services to ensure the presence of adequate and properly functioning equipment, reliable email and internet connectivity, ensure the presence of appropriate up-to-date software and hardware to ensure reliable functionality.
• Liaison for the ‘special ops’ Tactical EMS (TEMS) Team.
• Serve as spokesperson for media.
• Liaison with the hospitals and medical community. Address and resolve issues raised by the hospitals and other medical facilities.
• Serve as point of contact between service and member municipalities. Attend meetings of local municipalities on request. Maintain an effective working relationship with all BDAS stakeholders.
• Maintain a working knowledge and liaison with all branches of public safety and other specialties that require interaction such as first responder groups, lifeguards, park rangers, ski patrol, and neighboring EMS services.
Supervision of Staff:
• Foster an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism.
• Provide guidance and set standards for job performance and apply them consistently.
• Assess employee needs through an effective action plan while working in conjunction with supervisors.
• Maintain confidentiality of information deemed sensitive.
• In conjunction with Management Team, assist with disciplinary action related to EMS staff-related issues.
• Conduct annual performance evaluations of Deputy Chief and assist Deputy Chief with evaluations of Captains.
• Participate in Commission meetings and management meetings as required.
• Promote and encourage an environment that demonstrates teamwork and professionalism.
• Function independently as well as interdependently.
• Exhibits ethical conduct, thoroughness, and proficiency in communications.
• Maintain confidentiality of information deemed sensitive.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an emergency medical services program, to include at least three years of administration and management of an EMS program preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience at a critical care paramedic level; currently licensed as a Critical Care Paramedic.
• Possession of National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians – Paramedic.
• Valid Wisconsin driver’s license or ability to obtain.
• Must reside within 15 miles of the jurisdictional boundaries of the district.
• Ability to respond outside normal business hours as needed.
• Typically works in an office environment, sitting at a desk, using office equipment such as computer, printer, copier, fax, shredder, etc.
• Visual acuity sufficient to view work on a computer screen.
• Ability to travel to various meeting sites for seminars or continuing education courses, and to attend meetings at other locations away from the main office.
• Ability to function as paramedic on calls when necessary.
• Ability to lift and carry patients onto various patient movement devices; bending, stooping, walking on uneven surfaces, etc. (refer to “Physical Requirements of the EMT/Paramedic.”)
• Ability to safely drive vehicles, including emergency transport vehicles.
General Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Significant knowledge of EMS services and programs, program design and planning, training, licensing requirements, and regulatory enforcement.
• Knowledge and ability to perform computer tasks using Microsoft Office products, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and other applicable job-specific software.
• Strong sense of professional and ethical behavior.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Benefits offered for full time employees include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Retirement through Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
To Apply: Please include both a resume and cover letter when applying and send to: Betsy Larsen, HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to: Baraboo District Ambulance Service 120 Fifth Street, Baraboo WI 53913 Attn: Betsy Larsen, HR Director
Applicants are also asked to fill out the BDAS Employment Application form, found on our website at www.bdems.com .
All resumes and applications must be received no later than end of day on July 31, 2020.
A review process of applications received will begin soon after the above date. Candidates who are invited to interview will be notified.
A background screen and drug test will be required of the final candidate as part of the offer process.
EOE – BDAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Sun Prairie – EMS Operations Manager
Working under the direction of the EMS Chief, the EMS Operations Manager is responsible for the coordination of daily shift operations, internal and external communications, and representing the agency to the public and to other regional public safety and healthcare partners. The EMS Operations Manager provides direct supervision to staff, oversees work assignments, and works through the Training Officer to ensure objectives are being met. The EMS Operations Manager administers the Quality Assurance program by working closely alongside the Medical Director and also works in partnership with the City’s Communications & Diversity Strategist.
Baraboo, WI –Critical Care Paramedic/ Paramedic Openings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
For contact information and employment application, please visit: www.barabooems.com
Mauston Area Ambulance Assoc Is Hiring!
Full Time Paramedic or EMT Position
We are a fast-growing service seeking career-minded individuals looking for a rewarding opportunity. We have an energetic, positive atmosphere with the opportunity to truly help make a difference in the health of our patients' lives. Ideal candidates would possess the desire to serve others and their needs, a high level of energy and enthusiasm, be capable of offering solutions and provide consistent quality care. Our rural EMS setting requires critical-thinking skills and aggressive treatment care plans during field activations. We perform interfacility transfers, but only from one local critical access hospital. We also have an aeromedical partnership utilized for most field activations.
“Posting” or “staging” in parking lots is non-existent as we are centrally located with extremely comfortable crew quarters during downtime. At our station, crews prepare and eat supper together most evenings. All 911 ambulances are equipped with Stryker Power Load Systems to promote back safety and injury prevention.
Ø Health, Dental, Vision and Employer-paid Life Insurance
Ø Employer-matching Retirement Plan with added Employer Contribution
Ø Paid Time Off (3 weeks, year one)
Ø Uniform Allowance
Ø Full turnout gear
Apply online or stop in for an application
Applications will be reviewed on receipt
Applicants will be contacted for an interview
Job Type: Full-time Career Position
Salary: Paramedic: $47,424.00 to $56,876.00/year; EMT/AEMT: $34,944 to $44,928/year
Interested parties may download an Employment Application from our website: www.maustonems.org.
An application may also be picked up in person at the address below.
Mauston Area Ambulance Association, Inc.
Attn: Hiring Committee
P.O. Box 52
Mauston, WI 53948
Paratech Is Hiring!
Learn more about working for Paratech at https://www.paratechambulance.com/#careers!
DHS EMS Data Expert
Emergency Medical Services Data Expert
Job Announcement Code(s): 19-03109
Department of Health Services EMS Coordinator
Job Announcement Code(s): 19-02208
Marshall Area EMS Is Hiring!
The Marshall Area EMS Commission is seeking candidates for a career Firefighter/AEMT position. This position will serve both Marshall Area EMS and the Marshall Fire Department. This is a full-time position, working rotating 12-hour shifts, having primary responsibility for staffing the district’s on-duty ambulance from 6a-6p. This position will be serving both departments while on duty in the station and during response for Fire and EMS calls for service. The District is comprised of three towns and the Village of Marshall, covering 72 square miles across northeastern Dane County in south central Wisconsin with a permanent base of approximately 8000 residents. 2018 activity included approximately 750 dispatched incidents with over 80% being EMS related.
Marshall Area EMS is a combination department with a career EMS Director overseeing operations and administrative responsibilities. EMS is licensed with the State of Wisconsin at an Advanced EMT level. The Marshall Fire Department is a volunteer department with 40 members. Both departments are based in a single station located in the Village of Marshall with 7 apparatuses, 2 ambulances, an ATV, and a command vehicle.
The position is hourly range of $17.50-$17.85/hour depending on experience. The position is also eligible for overtime and includes a competitive benefits package, including health, life, income continuation insurance; State of Wisconsin retirement (protected); paid time off upon hire. Total compensation package exceeding $68,850.00.
Interested candidates should visit the Employment Opportunities section of our website at http://www.marshallems.com/employment- opportunities.html for a detailed position description and application materials.
Mail or deliver in person all components of the application, along with a resume’ and cover letter on or before 4:00 p.m. (CDT), Friday September 20, 2019 to:
Scott Allain, EMS Director
RE: Career FF/AEMT position
Marshall Area EMS
119 Industrial Drive
Marshall, WI 53559-8715
Gold Cross Seeks Community Paramedic ____________
The Community Paramedic will work within the community to increase the health literacy and independence of patients through an education based approach to healthcare.
Nick Romenesko, Systems Director
Baraboo Is Hiring Paramedics & CC Paramedics
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
EMT-Paramedic Full-time: $48,655 to $51,983 /year
Critical Care Paramedic Full-time: $53,647 to 56,975 /year
Full-time: Assigned 24-hr Shift Rotation
· Week 1: Monday, Friday, Sunday
· Week 2: Wednesday, Saturday
· Week 3: Tuesday, Thursday
Part-time: 8, 12, and 24-hour shifts available
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must possess a current Wisconsin EMT-Paramedic License, or EMT-Paramedic w/Critical Care Endorsement.
· Must possess current ACLS, PALS, and BLS certifications.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background screen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to emergency calls, non-emergency calls, inter-facility transfers, and standby events
· Administer advanced life support (ALS) to patients within the pre-hospital setting, as well as with inter-facility transfers
· Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed
· Rescue and extricate victims of accidents or entrapment, using proper rescue and medical techniques
· Communicate with medical personnel and treatment facilities to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center
· Maintain order at scenes, including crowd disbursement and restraint of family and friends
· Perform radio and telephone communications
· Complete patient care forms and obtain appropriate signatures
· Protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law
· Drive and operate specially equipped emergency vehicles
· Assure that vehicles are in good working condition at all times
· Clean, organize, and restock vehicles in a ready condition after each call
· Clean the station, wash dishes, empty trash, wash and dry towels and uniforms, along with other cleaning duties
· Represent the Service while on duty at public service functions
· Maintain a working knowledge of applicable standards of care
· Attend continuing education classes as needed
· Assure that all certifications, licenses, and registrations are up to date
· Health Insurance
· Income Continuation Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Dental Insurance
· Retirement through Wisconsin Retirement System
· Vacation Leave
· Sick Leave
· Overtime Opportunity
Paratech Seeks Full-Time EMTs for CHETA Program
UW Health - Children’s Hospital Emergency Transport Ambulance (C.H.E.T.A.)
Staffed by Paratech Ambulance Service
BECOME PART OF AN ELITE TEAM! (EMT STARTING PAY $16.55 PER HOUR PER HOUR)
Paratech Ambulance Service is currently accepting applications for Full-Time positions for assignment with our CHETA team. Program positions are twelve (12) hour shifts on a rotation schedule.
Current State of Wisconsin EMT-Basic (or above) certification is required of all qualified candidates as well as a valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license with a clean record and minimum of two (2) years EMS driving experience.
Paratech Ambulance Service offers our Full-Time associates medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a 401k plan.
Specific program questions can be directed to Chris Walters –Director of Ambulance Operations at 262.236.3634
To apply, please complete the application found at: www.paratechambulance.com and submit via e-mail to: email@example.com.