Members are invited to post a free listing IN WISCONSIN to the EMS Jobs Board simply >> e-mail PAAW the job description and application link. Copy your job posting text into the "body" of the
Department of Health Services EMS Coordinator
Job Announcement Code(s): 19-02208
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), Division of Public Health (DPH) is recruiting to fill an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Regional Coordinator within the Office of Preparedness and Emergency Health Care in Madison, Wisconsin.
DHS is located at 1 West Wilson Street in the heart of downtown Madison, near the State Capitol, the Madison Metro route and the Capital City bike path. In addition, there are plenty of nearby restaurants, shopping venues, and Wednesday farmer's market.
State of Wisconsin benefits include nearly 4 weeks of vacation, 9 paid holidays, an ample amount of sick leave, a top rated benefits package, low cost insurance options, and an exceptional retirement plan. Low-cost insurance options starting at $31/month for single plans and $89/month for family plans after 2 months of state service. In addition to a top-rated benefits package, DHS also offers free on-site yoga classes and free on-site fitness gym.
This position will work Monday through Friday, daytime hours with travel up to 30% of the time. Overnight stays may be required. We offer a team-orientated atmosphere and a focus on work-life balance.
Click here to see what working for the state of Wisconsin is all about.Position Summary:
The incumbent will serve as a Regional EMS Coordinator in Wisconsin. The incumbent directs the implementation of §256 Wis. Stats, and Chapters DHS 110, Wis. Admin. Code, as they relate to training, licensure, certification, quality assurance and regulation of Paramedic, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT). EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) Emergency Medical Technician and Emergency Medical Responders (EMR).
This position is responsible for the development and support of EMS services and provides technical assistance to such systems and training centers in achieving compliance. This position assists in complaint investigations and recommends disciplinary actions as needed to ensure compliance by EMS services and provides technical assistance and consultation to other EMS staff in matters related to EMS skills and training.
This position applies statutory standards in developing and enforcing administrative rules governing EMTS practitioners and training centers statewide. This position is the primary contact for EMS services in the assigned regions within Wisconsin. This position is also involved with triennial licensure/certification of all EMS personnel.
This position will also provide consultative and technical assistance to state, regional, and local governmental entities, ambulance providers, and hospitals in their retrospective system planning and operations.
All applicants who may be appointed will be required to allow the DHS to conduct a background check to determine whether the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the job being filled.
This position requires the ability to drive a State vehicle or provide one's own transportation.
Minimally qualified candidates will have:
- Experience developing or implementing procedures related to the operation of an Emergency Medical Service (EMS).
- Experience facilitating EMS training programs.
- Experience providing EMS guidance, consultation or technical assistance.
- Experience analyzing and preparing EMS data including recommending improvements based off of analysis.
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with EMS providers or internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply logistical steps to problem solving (e.g.: identifying the problem, research solutions, develop recommendations, etc.).
- Effective communication skills.
In addition, well-qualified candidates will have:
- Experience managing an EMS delivery/training system.
- Experience interpreting and applying federal/state statutes, rules, and standards governing training, certification, and operation of all EMT levels.
- Experience with treatment protocol development and use in a pre-hospital EMS setting.
- Experience as an EMS practitioner.
- Wisconsin licensure as a paramedic.
How To Apply:
Click on the Preview Assessment link near the top of this announcement to view the qualifications that will be evaluated in the initial part of the selection process.
After you have previewed the assessment, interested applicants who would like to apply for this position will apply on-line via Wisc.Jobs. Click “Log In” to access your existing account or to create a new account if you do not already have an account in the system. After you have logged in, click “Apply Now.” You will be asked to provide your personal information. Attach your current resume and letter of qualifications(in a Word or PDF compatible format). To be considered for this position applicants must complete the online process. Failure to submit all required materials will result in an incomplete application and ineligibility for this position. Application materials will not be accepted if received in an incompatible format, an email, as a hard copy or a fax.
Your resume and letter of qualifications are a very important part of your application at DHS and is used during our evaluation process to determine your qualifications as they relate to this job. For suggestions on what to include when developing your resume and letter of qualifications, please click here.
Candidates that are deemed eligible may be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the HR Specialist on this announcement.
Permanent classified state employees who are eligible for consideration (transfer, voluntary demotion, or former employees as a reinstatement) must complete the application process to apply.
Please note: Important communication regarding this recruitment will be sent via email.
Veterans are encouraged to apply. For complete information on veterans’ hiring programs that may benefit you, please visit the Employment Assistance page on WDVA's website.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce
Marshall Area EMS Is Hiring!
The Marshall Area EMS Commission is seeking candidates for a career Firefighter/AEMT position. This position will serve both Marshall Area EMS and the Marshall Fire Department. This is a full-time position, working rotating 12-hour shifts, having primary responsibility for staffing the district’s on-duty ambulance from 6a-6p. This position will be serving both departments while on duty in the station and during response for Fire and EMS calls for service. The District is comprised of three towns and the Village of Marshall, covering 72 square miles across northeastern Dane County in south central Wisconsin with a permanent base of approximately 8000 residents. 2018 activity included approximately 750 dispatched incidents with over 80% being EMS related.
Marshall Area EMS is a combination department with a career EMS Director overseeing operations and administrative responsibilities. EMS is licensed with the State of Wisconsin at an Advanced EMT level. The Marshall Fire Department is a volunteer department with 40 members. Both departments are based in a single station located in the Village of Marshall with 7 apparatuses, 2 ambulances, an ATV, and a command vehicle.
The position is hourly range of $17.50-$17.85/hour depending on experience. The position is also eligible for overtime and includes a competitive benefits package, including health, life, income continuation insurance; State of Wisconsin retirement (protected); paid time off upon hire. Total compensation package exceeding $68,850.00.
Interested candidates should visit the Employment Opportunities section of our website at http://www.marshallems.com/employment- opportunities.html for a detailed position description and application materials.
Mail or deliver in person all components of the application, along with a resume’ and cover letter on or before 4:00 p.m. (CDT), Friday September 20, 2019 to:
Scott Allain, EMS Director
RE: Career FF/AEMT position
Marshall Area EMS
119 Industrial Drive
Marshall, WI 53559-8715
Mauston Area Ambulance Assoc Is Hiring!
We are a fast-growing service seeking career-minded individuals looking for a rewarding opportunity. We have an energetic, positive atmosphere with the opportunity to truly help make a difference in the health of our patients' lives. Ideal candidates would possess the desire to serve others and their needs, a high level of energy and enthusiasm, be capable of offering solutions and provide consistent quality care. Our rural EMS setting requires critical-thinking skills and aggressive treatment care plans during field activations. We perform interfacility transfers, but only from one local critical access hospital. We also have an aeromedical partnership utilized for most field activations.
“Posting” or “staging” in parking lots is non-existent as we are centrally located with extremely comfortable crew quarters during downtime. At our station, crews prepare and eat supper together most evenings. All 911 ambulances are equipped with Stryker Power Load Systems to promote back safety and injury prevention.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Employer-matching Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks, year one)
- Uniform Allowance
- Full turnout gear
Apply online or stop in for an application
Applications will be reviewed on receipt
Applicants will be contacted for an interview
Job Type: Full-time Career Position
Salary: $46,592.00 to $54,747.00 /year
Interested parties may download an Employment Application from our website: www.maustonems.org.
An application may also be picked up in person at the address below.
Mauston Area Ambulance Association, Inc.
Attn: Hiring Committee
P.O. Box 52
Mauston, WI 53948
Gold Cross Seeks Community Paramedic ____________
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
- Health, Dental, Vision and Retirement Benefits
- Vacation Time
- Competitive Compensation
The Community Paramedic
will work within the community to increase the health literacy and independence
of patients through an education based approach to healthcare.
Nick Romenesko, Systems Director
Baraboo Is Hiring Paramedics & CC Paramedics
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
EMT-Paramedic Full-time: $48,655 to $51,983 /year
Critical Care Paramedic Full-time: $53,647 to 56,975 /year
Full-time: Assigned 24-hr Shift Rotation
· Week 1: Monday, Friday, Sunday
· Week 2: Wednesday, Saturday
· Week 3: Tuesday, Thursday
Part-time: 8, 12, and 24-hour shifts available
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must possess a current Wisconsin EMT-Paramedic License, or EMT-Paramedic w/Critical Care Endorsement.
· Must possess current ACLS, PALS, and BLS certifications.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background screen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to emergency calls, non-emergency calls, inter-facility transfers, and standby events
· Administer advanced life support (ALS) to patients within the pre-hospital setting, as well as with inter-facility transfers
· Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed
· Rescue and extricate victims of accidents or entrapment, using proper rescue and medical techniques
· Communicate with medical personnel and treatment facilities to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center
· Maintain order at scenes, including crowd disbursement and restraint of family and friends
· Perform radio and telephone communications
· Complete patient care forms and obtain appropriate signatures
· Protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law
· Drive and operate specially equipped emergency vehicles
· Assure that vehicles are in good working condition at all times
· Clean, organize, and restock vehicles in a ready condition after each call
· Clean the station, wash dishes, empty trash, wash and dry towels and uniforms, along with other cleaning duties
· Represent the Service while on duty at public service functions
· Maintain a working knowledge of applicable standards of care
· Attend continuing education classes as needed
· Assure that all certifications, licenses, and registrations are up to date
· Health Insurance
· Income Continuation Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Dental Insurance
· Retirement through Wisconsin Retirement System
· Vacation Leave
· Sick Leave
· Overtime Opportunity
Paratech Seeks Full-Time EMTs for CHETA Program
UW Health - Children’s Hospital Emergency Transport Ambulance (C.H.E.T.A.)
Staffed by Paratech Ambulance Service
BECOME PART OF AN ELITE TEAM! (EMT STARTING PAY $16.55 PER HOUR PER HOUR)
Paratech Ambulance Service is currently accepting applications for Full-Time positions for assignment with our CHETA team. Program positions are twelve (12) hour shifts on a rotation schedule.
Current State of Wisconsin EMT-Basic (or above) certification is required of all qualified candidates as well as a valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license with a clean record and minimum of two (2) years EMS driving experience.
Paratech Ambulance Service offers our Full-Time associates medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a 401k plan.
Specific program questions can be directed to Chris Walters –Director of Ambulance Operations at 262.236.3634
To apply, please complete the application found at: www.paratechambulance.com and submit via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flight for Life Hiring EMT-B
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Basic)
FLIGHT FOR LIFE TRANSPORT SYSTEM
Flight For Life is opening a new regional ground medical transport base in southeastern Wisconsin and adding ground service to our existing corporate air base in Waukesha, Wisconsin. This is an exciting opportunity to join our organization and help us assemble a new team of highly-skilled professionals.
We are currently seeking strong candidates to fill four (4) full-time and two (2) part-time EMT positions at each new location to work 12- and/or 24-hour shifts on a rotating basis, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Key Position Highlights:
• Maintains a current state of Wisconsin EMT license
• Maintains a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and clean driving record
• Drives the Mobile ICU Ground Unit for inter-hospital and emergency ambulance transports
• Functions as part of the medical team during patient stabilization
• Maintains knowledge and training necessary to perform in the transport environment to provide care to acutely ill and injured patients, adhering to established standards of practice
• Provide and ensure a safe environment in the transport setting
• Enters transport data into the computer system
• Maintains good customer and public relations through effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates competence in the use of Flight For Life radios and equipment
• Maintains Flight For Life equipment in a constant state of readiness and ensures all supplies are restocked following use
• Performs or obtains ambulance vehicle maintenance, service, and repairs
• Actively participates in the Flight For Life continuing education program
• Demonstrates ability to work with a variety of people regardless of race, religion, age, sex, social or cultural background or disease entities
• Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the health care team
• Attends four annual combined crew meetings and one safety day held in Waukesha, WI
• Attends quarterly crew meetings at the primary work location and any additional educational sessions that are scheduled
• Participates on at least one committee
Skills and Qualifications:
• At least 21 years old
• Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with a clean driving record for the last three years
• Licensed as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) with at least three years of experience
• Ability to perform physical tasks related to the patient care transport environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to enter transport data on a computer system and write correspondence using word processing
• Successfully pass a pre-employment physical exam including drug screen and job-related physical agility test.
How to Apply:
Visit our Careers page at http://flightforlife.org/careers/.
Pleasant Prairie Seeks Firemedics
The Village of Pleasant Prairie is soliciting applications for the creation of an eligibility list for the hire of three (3) full-time Firemedics (Firefighter/paramedic). The Application period shall end May 4, 2018.
Full-time Firemedic position
Pay Range: $16.54/hr. -
$22.78/hr. ($48,155.80 - $66,331.34 annually) plus add 5% Paramedic bonus.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License or equivalent
- High School Diploma/GED
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURES REQUIRED AT TIME OF POLICE & FIRE COMMISSION INTERVIEW:
- NFPA Firefighter I eligible for reciprocity to WI FF I
- NFPA Firefighter II preferred
- WI Paramedic or NREMT-P eligible for WI licensure
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certificate*
- CPAT must be dated no more than two (2) years from date of conditional offer.
For complete job description and to apply online, go to our website: https://www.pleasantprairiewi.gov/departments/human_resources/employment/
If you should still have any further questions regarding this process, please contact the Fire Department directly at 262-694-8027.
Selected applicants will participate in an entry exam Tuesday, May 22, 2018 from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Waushara County Is Hiring!
Waushara County is currently accepting applications for casual EMTs & Advanced EMTs & Paramedics. Waushara County EMS operates under progressive clinical practice and operational guidelines, responding to over 2,700 requests annually for 911 and interfacility services and has 4 stations within Waushara County. If you are a Wisconsin licensed EMS provider focused on exceptional care we invite you to join us. Successful candidates will render medical care and provide transport services as part of a dynamic rural EMS team. Applicants must possess a current Wisconsin EMS licensure as an EMT or AEMT or Paramedic, minimum of a high school diploma or GED, a valid Wisconsin driver’s license with a good driving record, pass an extensive background check with drug testing. Wage $12.23-$14.14.
Job application & job description available at www.co.waushara.wi.us.
Applications MUST be returned to the Wautoma Job Center, 205 E Main Street, Suite 23, Wautoma, WI 54982. Deadline is Tuesday, May 1, 2018 - 4:30 pm. Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations under ADA.
Gundersen Seeks Clinical Program Manager
JOB TITLE: Program Manager – Clinical Services
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Director
FLSA CLASS: Exempt
DATE CREATED: 3/1/2018
Vacancy Date: New Position
Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance, a Gundersen Health System wholly owned and non-for-profit organization, is seeking an innovative and forward thinking individual to be responsible for creating, overseeing, and delivering educational and quality assurance initiatives for 120 field staff. This position is based from our La Crosse, Wisconsin offices and works closely with our medical director and leadership team to implement and maintain clinical performance objectives.
- Demonstrated teaching experience, including curriculum development
- Critical care or emergency medical experience
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks; exceptional organization skills and the ability to delegate tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Experience with technology, including Microsoft Office and patient charting programs.
- Associates degree in related field required, bachelor’s degree desired
- Experience as an instructor in a medical related field
- Current licensure as paramedic or registered nurse
- Ability and willingness to obtain instructor certifications within 6 months of hire
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field
- Paramedic and/or RN licensure
- Instructor certifications
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary: TBD
- Primary benefits:
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual
- Generous health insurance coverage
- Dental and Vision Care
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life
- Basic and Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a up to 4% Company Match
- Paid holidays
View full job description and apply online at: http://www.tristateambulance.org/employment
Aspirus Is Hiring Paramedics!
Aspirus is hiring Paramedics for our NEWLY renovated facility in Stevens Point, WI. Our Stevens Point location will be opening a new ground medical transport base will open in June, 2018. Join our Stevens Point Paramedic team during this time of exciting growth!
Schedule: .9 FTE (72 hours in a 2 week pay period), varied 12 hour Day/Night shifts
Become part of a company that heals people, promotes health and strengthens communities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Knowledge of emergency patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an accredited Paramedic program.
•1 – 3 years current field experience preferred in a busy 911/pre-hospital service for ground critical care transport and intercepts.
•Active Wisconsin Paramedic Certification for Wisconsin bases.
•Active Michigan Paramedic Certification for Michigan bases.
•Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
Driver’s License Required
•Possesses a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required if Wisconsin based.
•Possesses a valid Michigan Driver’s License required if Michigan based.
•State of Wisconsin Critical Care Endorsement within one year of hire if Wisconsin based.
•Must maintain CPR and all certifications as stated in the MedEvac Scope of Service.
•Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screenings.
•Possesses effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
•Possesses basic computer skills for email, electronic charting, etc.
To learn more please contact Megan Ullenbrauck at email@example.com