Do you know teens who are interested in helping others?
Are there teens who are interested in careers in public service—health care, firefighting, emergency medical services, law enforcement, emergency management?
In your community, do you have teens who would benefit from developing leadership skills?
Would your school or community benefit from having teens become more involved in prevention efforts?
Register your team or teen today to attend the
2019 READY (Responding to Emergencies And Disasters with Youth) Camp
June 24-28, 2019
Watch READY Camp YouTube Video to see some of the fun:
For more information and registration form, visit us at www.youthpreparedness.org or on Facebook.
Activities and education will be held at sponsoring partner locations:
- North Central Technical College – Center of Excellence for Public Safety Education
- Aspirus Hospital of Wausau
- Stoney Creek Grand Lodge
- And other areas throughout the Wausau area
in collaboration with
- Wisconsin Emergency Management
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- UW Health
- American Family Children’s Hospital
- and personnel from Area Fire Departments, EMS Services, Law Enforcement Organizations and Injury Prevention Specialists
- And so many more!
Register your team early!
Youth participants ages 13 – 18 years old will be accepted with preference to teams with advisors attending to supervise youth. Individual teens will be accepted according to available space.
The READY program includes:
- describing students’ potential role in preventing, planning for, responding to, and recovering from an emergency situation
- safety and injury prevention, First aid, CPR and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) training and certification
- leadership development through outdoor adventure activities
- career development with fire department, law enforcement, emergency management and health care personnel
- community service learning projects
- identification and description of potential hazards and
- reducing hazards in and around the home, school and community
- multiple hands-on mock disaster exercises
“ READY has provided opportunities for our teens to do very important work in preparing others and our community for disaster and emergency situations.”
Family and Youth Program Director
Bay View Community Center, Milwaukee
How does my school or community organization take part in READY?
- Complete the attached registration form for your team.
- READY Team advisors must be qualified adults above the age of 21. New Advisors must include a letter of recommendation from their school or organization stating their qualifications.
- A background check will be completed on all advisors and adults over 18 years old.
- Along with the application, you must send a $50/student non-refundable deposit (and the cost of optional preferred choices)
- Once accepted into the READY Camp, you will receive a confirmation packet explaining further event details.
- Payment of the full registration fee must be received at least one week prior to the beginning of camp. Payments can be made by mail or on-line at www.youthpreparedness.org donations page.
If grant funds and/or donations are received, registration fee will decrease accordingly for those who are registered.
Scholarships are available for youth in need.
“ READY Camp was a blast! We learned so much, are working on emergency preparedness activities in our school and community, and keeping in touch with kids from across the state!”
READY Club - Greendale High School
For more information, see attached READY Camp flyer or visit the Youth Preparedness website and READY Facebook links above
Mary Jean Erschen-Cooke, RN, MS, BSN
Executive Director, Center for School, Youth & Citizen Preparedness
Wisconsin Youth Preparedness Programs
P.O. Box 257
Lodi, WI 53555
The Center for School, Youth & Citizen Preparedness is an IRS 501 (c) 3 approved non-profit community charitable organization.
All donations are tax deductible and welcomed to support this excellent opportunity for youth!
100% of your donation supports youth preparedness activities!