EMS Live in Wisconsin Podcast
>> Click to listen live!
Live podcast Tuesday, August 22, starting at 9:00 a.m.
The next EMS Live in Wisconsin live podcast discussion is about PulsePoint - a trained citizen alert smartphone app for CPR events. Listen live by dialing 646-929-1081, or on any internet connected device at >> http://tobtr.com/10222925. The program will run live until 9:30 a.m. (30-minutes).
Our podcast guest is Samantha Hilker with Gold Cross Ambulance, Menasha, Wisconsin. She recently introduced PulsePoint to the Fox Valley area.
- PulsePoint is currently in use in 2,400+ communities around the country, and has been operating for seven years. The experience in those communities has been extremely positive with no negative consequences. The people who respond sincerely want to help. In many situations, responders are off-duty EMS and healthcare professionals. The PulsePoint website is >>www.PulsePoint.org.
- Having citizen responders is critical. Gold Cross serves the entire region - 1,200 square miles of portions of Outagamie, Winnebago, Calumet and Waupaca counties. That's a lot of territory to cover. The more people who are able and willing to respond, the better.
- Although the app is free, users have to stipulate they know CPR when downloading the app, indicating that if alerted they will respond within the context of their training.
- The alert only goes to PulsePoint users within a 1/4 mile radius of the patient, so that's a limited group of people who understand they may be alerted, and want to offer aid.
Questions to be discussed:
1. What is it?
2. How does it work?
3. Are strangers going to show up at my house if I call 911?
4. What about HIPAA?
5. Will I be sued if I help someone?
>> Click to listen live!Don't miss a beat of EMS action - listen to EMS Live in Wisconsin!