Wisconsin EMS Advisory Board
Governor Scott Walker recently announced the appointments to the EMS Advisory Board of Don Kimlicka, Director, Clintonville EMS, and Dustin Ridings, Captain, Green Bay Fire Dept. Each appointment is for a three-year term, but renewable.
The EMS Advisory Board makes recommendations to the Department of Health on general EMS issues either assigned by legislation or raised by members of the public. Medical issues are referred to the Physician Advisory Committee. EMS Advisory Board members are appointed by the Governor.
The statutory duties of the EMS Advisory Board, include:
The next board meeting is February 7 and 8 in Middleton. >> Click for the 2017 meeting schedule and location.
- Appoints EMS Physician Advisory Committee
- Periodically reviews and makes recommendations on rules changes
- Provides review and recommendations to the Department on department-proposed rule changes
- Provides recommendations to the Department on the funding assistance program
- Provides review and recommendations to the Department on preparation of mandated reports