Stars of Life 2013
Take this opportunity to Reward, Educate and Celebrate your employees that exemplify everyday the spirit and commitment of a Star of Life.
Each person registered by you becomes a Star of Life honoree!
The Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin's Stars of Life celebration is the most rewarding and exciting Wisconsin event in our field and is modeled after the American Ambulance Association's national Stars program.
This special event recognizes and honors the dedication of ambulance service professionals - people that stand out in every area of our field. You choose your "Star." These are the people who will be recognized in a series of celebratory events at the dinner and awards program at the Paramedic Systems of Wisconsin (PSOW) conference and at our state's Capitol in Madison.
The 2013 event will be the eighth year PAAW has proudly presented the Wisconsin Stars of Life program. Each Star is presented with honors and recognition during a dedicated half-day event, followed by the dinner and awards program at the Paramedic Systems of Wisconsin (PSOW) conference in Green Bay. In addition, during odd numbered years, i.e., 2013, 2015, etc., Stars are recognized by government leaders at the state capitol in Madison.
The Stars of Life Award is an outstanding recruitment and retention tool! Many ambulance services face challenges recruiting and retaining valuable employees. The Stars of Life program can be a valuable component of your organization’s efforts to recognize and reward your staff. We hope that you will consider recognizing one or more of your staff by registering them for the event. Equally important, we hope you will attend as their host for the event.
- Reward and congratulate outstanding individuals
- Educate members of the Wisconsin Legislature regarding ambulance issues
- Project a positive image of Wisconsin ambulance services
- Generate positive local media stories regarding ambulance services and their Stars
- Employee of the year
- On-duty or off-duty service above the call of duty
- Setting significant records
- Significant community contributions outside of EMS
- Significant community recognition or honors related to ambulance, public safety, public health or health care services
- Local leadership in developing community partnerships that enhance EMS
Why this program is important:
As PAAW and AAA work hard on state and federal legislative and policy issues, we know it is crucial to create a critical mass of local community activity and consistent messages about the need for state legislation assisting ambulance providers. In order for legislation to pass, ambulance providers must help generate support with their local legislators.
Benefits to your organization:
- The Stars are more politically aware and involved in community activities
- Legislators understand the need of ambulance services
- The public is more informed about quality ambulance services
- Local media is more aware and educated about the needs of ambulance services
Reward and congratulate outstanding ambulance service employees. Let people know that you are proud of the work they do and how hard they work to support the high standards set by your company or organization.
Increase visibility of ambulance professionals with members of state and local government, community leaders and industry professionals and peers. Spend a day at the state Capitol in Madison. Sit down with state Legislators face to face educating them and their staff regarding the key role of ambulance professionals and your work as an EMS professional.
The image of the members of the ambulance industry and PAAW are enhanced by generating positive media coverage statewide as well as in your local community.
The honor of being recognized, to include your ambulance service and employee, is an outstanding recruitment and retention tool.
To nominate someone deserving of this high honor just click here to download the registration packet. Each person nominated is presented Stars of Life honors. The deadline to submit is August 2013.
Have a question about Stars of Life 2013? Simply e-mail Larry Knuth, Stars Committee Chair for PAAW.